Sunday, August 8, 2010

Briscoe Chops Wilson During Qualifying Lap!


On a beautiful day at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Justin Wilson was having a strong start to the weekend when Ryan Briscoe Chopped the #22 Z-Line car into the barrier coming out of turn four.  Wilson was on a hot lap and clearly had room to get around Briscoe’s left side when it appeared to most race fans that Briscoe turned into Wilson, attempting to block his car and causing both cars to collide.
Wilson was quoted on his website:
“I really don’t know what Briscoe was thinking when he chopped down on me,” said Justin. “I was on a hot lap and was at least two tenths quicker than my previous lap. Briscoe was on an out-lap from the pits and I thought he was pulling over to let me by. I think the Z-Line Designs car had a shot at making the Firestone Fast Six today. We’ll have to re-group for tomorrow and give it all we can for the race.”
Despite the crash, Justin was able to finish the day P11 and the Dreyer & Reinbold crew worked diligently to rebuild the car for Sunday.  Mid-Ohio is the perfect setup for Justin and if he can race as he raced in Toronto, He can overcome the P11 spot and finish out front.

Wilson and Briscoe have words...


Jon Schackmuth for Avocado Motorsports Marketing

Artwork: copyright 2010 Wscott motorsports photography

No comments:

Post a Comment